Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Baptism of Edin Zavala (October 22, 2008)

Dear Family,

So we had a baptism this past week. It was really awesome. His name is Edin Zavala and he is from Honduras. He is really an amazing guy and he is going to be a great member of the church.

That is the main news for this past week. It has gotten a lot cooler here and the wind has picked up. It is pretty intense sometimes when we are riding our bikes. We have to fight against the wind and it makes for slow going. But when the wind is behind us we can really get going. I love being able to bike aroung everywhere and this past week I got a really nice bike that fits me well. I got the scarf and gloves(thanks a bunch) so those should keep me warm for the next little while. I am going to go get some sweaters and I already got myself a nice big jacket.

New Jersey is really pretty right now. The trees are all different colors and all of the Halloween decorations are up. It is really fun to take the train places and see all of the trees and the changing season. I really love all of the trees here(there are tons of them).

Other than that I don't really have much to update on. We are working hard and I am learning lots of stuff. I finished the Book of Mormon again this past week. I love the scriptures and everytime that I read them I am able to find amazing things. The stories and doctrine that the Book of Mormon contains are amazing. I am always trying to get people to read the book because it is impossible to deny the power that it contains.

This coming week is the last week of the transfer and lots of things will be changing up next wendsday. I am pretty sure that I will be staying here in New Brunswick but I think my companion will be going somewhere else. He is really a great guy and I really enjoy being able to work around him. Other than that things are going well and I am in good health.

Love,
Elder Haslam

No comments: