Sunday, April 5, 2009

Nj aLL dAy

Dear Family,

So this past week was a really good week. We worked hard and we are having more success. Not a ton or anything incredible but it is success non the less and I am enjoying it. The weather is still very cold but we just push through all of it and get where we need to go. It actually snowed for real yesterday and last night, a good couple inches that covered the roads and everything else. It was pretty fun to ride in the snow last night and even though we got home very wet and cold I still really enjoyed it.

We had zone conference yesterday and it was really good. I really like our assistants to the president and they talked for a good portion of the meeting. It really gave me a lot of good ideas for things that we can do to push the ball forward in Camden. I really like good meetings and we have been having some really good ones lately. They keep everyone pumped up and focused on what they can do to keep the work progressing along.

So I think my story for this week will be about one of our new investigators that we found. He is name is Antonio Morales and he is from Puerto Rico. He actually ordered a video and so we had his information and we had been trying to stop by on him and we were finally able to meet with him this past week. We had a really good talk with him about everything that he has heard about our church and then what he wanted to learn. He then proceeded to tell us his life story; how he has been in and out of prison for about the past 25 years and how he has been trying for the past five years to keep away from everything in his past life. He used to be the head of a gang here in New Jersey and he actually went to prison for 15 years for some incident with drugs. I am not sure exactly what he did but I think that he was dealing drugs in New Brunswick and then got caught. He has tattoos all up and down his arms and looks very worn down from life. He is a really nice guy. It wasn't really shocking when he told us any of this because he lives in the worst part of Camden. I am really excited to teach him we just have to make sure that we avoid his neighborhood at night.

The people that we meet here are pretty interesting and they are really nice people. I just don't think that anyone ever told them that cocaine is bad for you.

Life is good though. I got the tape and I will try to get one back as soon as possible.

Love,
Elder Haslam

No comments: