Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy New Years

Dear Family,

So it was really cool to be able to talk to everyone on Christmas; I will give you a quick rundown on how the rest of Christmas went. So I finished talking to all of you and then Elder Rhoton and I went over to a Mexican bakery/grocery store and bought some stuff to make salsa. So we went home and made some salsa before we had to go to a house to eat. We went over to the Familia Campos' house and ate posoles. It was a soup thing made out of corn and it was pretty good. The bowls were huge and they also brought out 10 tostadas to share between me and my companion. It was the most food I have ever eaten in my entire life, especial since they brought us out a second bowl of soup after we finished everything that was in front of us. I felt like I was going to throw up and at that point that brought out dessert for us. By the time we finished dessert neither me or my companion were feeling very good. We thanked them for everything that they had given us and then started our walk home very slowly. About half way home Elder Rhoton looked at me and said that he was going to throw up, so I held his scarf for him and we had a representation of dinner underneath the Ben Franklin Bridge. So we got home around 7 and I went to bed because my stomach really hurt. All in all it was a really fun Christmas and my companion and I had a really good laugh about it the next day.

Other than that things have been really good here. My companion and I are really trying to work hard because we are not having as much success as we would like. There are definitely a lot of people to be taught here the problem has been that many of them have been gone for the holidays or very busy and not willing to listen to us. So hopefully with some more effort and more people being at home after the holidays we will find more success. I am really excited for this fast sunday. We are going to fast with a part-member family in our branch. They are the Venturas and really great people from the DR. The dad is the second counselor in the branch presidency but his wife is not a member. She is really nice lady and goes to church every sunday and goes to all of the branch activities. Her daughter has been baptized and she really needs to be baptized also. The problem is that she keeps saying that she is not sure. So we are all going to fast together this sunday for her to receive an answer. Hopefully everything will go well.

Well I hope that everyone has a great New Years.

Love,
Elder Haslam

No comments: