Saturday, January 31, 2009

Camden

Dear Family,

So I moved into the Camden apartment last night. We took the train down from New Brunswick which was quite an ordeal. We took a train from New Brunswick to Trenton and then we took a train from Trenton to Camden. I didn't have that much stuff to take on the train but one of the english elders from New Brunswick was also coming down to Camden and he had a ot of junk. I am not his biggest fan and this will be transfer three with him in the same apartment so we will see what will happen.

I was sad to leave New Brunswick but Camden is really cool. I am glad to get away from some of the elders that are in New Brunswick though. The one engish elder that was staying has really been wearing on my nerves so I am glad to be starting over new with people that I do not know.

The Camden apartment is in the old RCA building called the Vector. It is a really nice place, definitely the nicest apartment in the mission, and also that most dangerous area in the mission. (don't worry mom I will be fine) Later today we are going to cover my bike in seran wrap and duck tape to make it look like it is not worth anything so that it will not get stolen. I bought an extra lock and my new companion has two locks all ready so I am sure that we will be fine. Elder Rhoton is my new companion and he only has one less transfer than me but for what ever reason they made me senior companion and district leader over him. I am going to have to work really hard to live up to the new resposibilty. He seems like a really nice guy but he does not know any spanish at all and I have heard that his trainer didn't help him out much, so that should be fun. I am really excited to be able to work down here and we will definitely baptism someone this transfer.

Brunswick will have a baptism this coming sunday. A lady named Gabriela is going to get baptized. She actually ordered a finding faith in christ video and that is how we found her. I have been teaching her all along the way and it is cool to see her get baptized. I don't know if I will be able to go to the baptism because I am down here now in Camden but I will ask President Winegar and hopefully he will let me go. I really like president winegar; he has done great things for this mission. I will be alot closer to him now that I am in Camden. Sometimes in New Brunswick you feel isolated from the rest of the mission. I don't really know if that is a good thing or a bad thing but done here in Camden we are really closer to everything that goes on. We also are at the intersection of two train lines that take us anywhere in New Jersey which is pretty cool. The river line goes from here to trenton and the Patco goes from Philly, through Camden to Atlantic City. (There is a great view of philly form the roof of our apartment)

And in the midst of everything that work progresses. It is really amazing how the Lord's hand is in everything that we do. I am just going to leave it at that and then I will write a letter explaining myself because we have to go to transfer meeting.

Love,
Elder Haslam

PS Mom, I am sure it would be fine to forward Mahonri's emails and mine. I really want to hear from him and if you could send me his address I would appreciate it.

#1 Christmas gift: socks "you can never have too many pairs of socks" - Albus Dumbledor

No comments: